Importing builds from old server map

Phrozencookie network news. Any news about the survival and redstone server, as well as partnerships will be announced here.
Phrozenbit
Site Admin

Importing builds from old server map

Post by Phrozenbit » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:33 am

We still have a couple of open requests about importing builds from our previous map and I want to address that through this forum post.

There are a couple of things I need to do before I can extract the builds. For this I need to set up the previous server with a backup of our previous map on my own PC in a virtual machine. This could be done in a couple of hours, as I only need to set up a local server which doesn't take up so much time.

I also have another thing related to exporting and importing builds and that is setting up a local and exact replica of the current server and it's database. This will, relative to setting up the previous map, be very time consuming as the database size has grown past 100 GB in volume. I need to download this on a 2.5Mbit/sec internet connection which translates into downloading this data continuously for one whole week, probably more since I can't always use our internet connection to it's fullest, I have to be considerate with bandwidth usage since other people use our internet connection as well.

I need an exact replica of the server network to do testing on anyway. Before I will import builds from the previous map on the live server I need to make sure that it doesn't break anything on the local replica. The last thing I want accidentally happen is corrupting the online map, just to be on the safe side. I will start this process tomorrow and will test once everything is in place concerning setting up the previous map and setting up the local replica is finished.

Stay tuned for a little while longer if you have requested a build from the previous map, I will get to it as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding and playing on our server!
~phrozen